Barrington, IL
Two students at a northwest suburban middle school have been suspended after the district investigated a series of alleged sexual abuse incidents that took place earlier this month on a school bus, Pioneer Press is reporting.
Tom Leonard, superintendant of Barrington School District 220, sent a letter to parents Tuesday notifying the community of the reported assaults, which officials said occurred over a four-day period from Oct. 1 to Oct. 4.
“The bus driver noticed some questionable activity going on in the back of the bus,” said Jeff Arnett, chief communications officer for District 220. “Almost at the same time, a student submitted a bullying report on behalf of the student on the bus.”
The report, Arnett said, prompted Prairie Middle School officials to examine surveillance videos taken on the bus.
Safe Havens, International
Thoughts and views on the state of child and school safety in K-12 education today. Useful tips and insights into emergency management and severe weather preparedness as well.
School Safety Shield

Non en Meus Vigilo!
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Barrington Middle School Students Suspended over Sex Abuse on Bus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment