Google Analytics

School Safety Shield

School Safety Shield
Non en Meus Vigilo!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crimes against Children 7-3-12

Trenton, NJ
A Bridgewater parolee convicted of sexually assaulting a young girl in Hunterdon County more than a decade ago is facing 10 to 20 additional years in prison after being caught with child pornography, federal authorities said.

David W. Tuytjens, 56, is charged with one count of possession of child pornography and was scheduled to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Douglas E. Arpert on Monday.


A criminal complaint indicated that New Jersey State Parole Board officers in April 2011 examined Tuytjens’ laptop computer during a visit to his home and found that it contained multiple images of child pornography that appeared to have been downloaded from the Internet. The officers also found nine DVDs containing pictures and videos graphically depicting the sexual abuse of children, some of whom appeared to be as young as 4 or 5, authorities said.

Charleston, WV
U.S. Attorney Booth Goodwin announced today that a Kanawha County man was sentenced to federal prison for possessing child pornography. Richard Paul Diaz, 55, of St. Albans, West Virginia, was sentenced to six years in prison to be followed by 15 years of supervised release. Diaz previously pleaded guilty in April. Diaz admitted that on February 10, 2010, he knowingly possessed on his computer more than 600 images and videos depicting minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct; that is, actual or simulated sexual intercourse and the lascivious exhibition of the genitals and pubic area of the minors. Diaz also admitted that he knew the images and videos constituted child pornography. In addition, Diaz further admitted that he used a peer-to-peer file sharing program to share the child pornography.

This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse. Led by the United States Attorneys’ Offices and the Criminal Division’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who sexually exploit children, and to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/wvs/PSCpage.html.

Plantation, FL
WASHINGTON James E. Price III, 42, of Plantation, Fla., was convicted on June 29, 2012, by a federal jury on one count each of distribution and possession of child pornography, Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Justice Departments Criminal Division and Wifredo A. Ferrer, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, announced today.

According to court documents and three days of testimony during the trial, the case originated from a South Florida Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC) investigation into an individual suspected of possessing and trading child pornography using a peer to peer file sharing network. The individual was later identified as Price. A search warrant was executed on Prices residence, where agents discovered a hard drive hidden behind boxes in the home. Subsequent examination revealed that the hard drive was protected by encryption and contained hundreds of images and videos of child pornography.

Bellevue, NE
A Bellevue man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for producing child pornography which involved installing a secret camera in a bathroom.

Members of an FBI computer crimes task force served a search warrant for Roble's computer in June 2011 looking for evidence of child pornography. They found 2,000 videos.

Cleveland, OH
Anthony C. Willoughby was sentenced today to 30 years in prison after a jury previously found him guilty of forcing a 16-year-old girl to engage in commercial sex acts, announced Steven M. Dettelbach, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio, and Stephen D. Anthony, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Cleveland Office.

“The details of this case underscore why it is so important that we continue to work collaboratively and try to eradicate this modern-day slavery,” said U.S. Attorney Dettelbach. “This defendant preyed upon a weak, vulnerable victim and used her suffering as an opportunity for profit.”

Special Agent in Charge Anthony said, “This case is one of the first human trafficking cases to go to trial in Northern Ohio. Investigating and prosecuting those involved in the sexual exploitation of the most vulnerable of victims is a priority of the FBI. The 30-year sentence imposed today represents the seriousness of the offense and should serve as a deterrent to child predators.”




No comments:

Post a Comment