Google Analytics

School Safety Shield

School Safety Shield
Non en Meus Vigilo!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Crimes against Children 8-25-12 Part II

Urbana, IL
A federal grand jury indicted a Champaign man on Wednesday on child-pornography charges.
Mu-Tsun Tsai, 27, who listed an address in the 500 block of South First Street, Champaign, was indicted for the distribution, receipt and possession of child pornography.

According to the indictment, Tsai distributed images of child pornography by way of the Internet from about March 21 to about April 30.

He was also charged with two counts of receiving images of child pornography and one count of possession of child pornography.

Greeley, CO
A former interim pastor at a Greeley church was charged Wednesday in federal court with four counts of distributing, receiving and possessing child pornography.

According to court documents, Richard Craft, 68, of Thornton, distributed child pornography between July 2007-January 2008 and in December 2009. Court records also state Craft had child pornography on a computer disk.

Manchester, NH
A New Hampshire man has been arrested on federal child pornography charges, one of 72 people charged in connection with an international network involved in the distribution of graphic images and video of children.

Authorities said 38-year-old William Davis of Bristol was arrested Thursday on a warrant issued by the U.S. Attorney's office in Louisiana on charges of conspiracy to distribute child pornography and conspiracy to advertise the distribution of it.
 
Prosecutors say Davis participated in a network called Dreamboard. People have been charged with participating in an international, members-only Internet club created to trade tens of thousands of images and videos of sexually abused children.

Whitinsville, MA
A former Massachusetts Boy Scout leader has been accused of possession child pornography and use of the Internet to entice boys to have sex.

Andrew J. Meyers, 34, of Whitinsville, was arrested at his home Tuesday and has been in custody since his initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Boston. He was to appear in federal court Thursday for a probable cause and detention hearing.

Christina Sterling with the U.S. attorney's office in Massachusetts said most of those accused of sex crimes will waive the right to a detention hearing to avoid information about their alleged crimes getting out.
Peoria, IL
A federal grand jury has indicted a Mattoon man for distribution, receipt, and possession of child pornography. Joseph W. Hoult, 25, was previously charged in a criminal complaint filed July 24 and was arrested the next day in Anchorage, Alaska.

The indictment returned Wednesday charges Hoult with six counts of receiving, six counts of distribution, and one count of possession of child pornography, on various dates in 2012.

Ocala, FL
A Wildwood man has been sentenced to two decades in federal prison for distributing child pornography, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced today.

William Christopher Dempsey, 30, was sentenced Wednesday by U.S. District Judge Roy Dalton after he pleaded guilty four months earlier to the child-porn charges, according to William Daniels, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office.

The Richmond County Sheriff's Office in Georgia found Dempsey trading child porn on an online chat-room service and reported him to the Homeland Security Investigations office in Cocoa Beach in November. Dempsey also bragged on the Internet site about molesting a 3-year-old, according to the federal prosecutor's office.

Homeland Security eventually tracked the online activity to a computer in the home of Dempsey's girlfriend, where he was living.

Montgomery, AL
An Alabama man who was accused of posing online as pop star Justin Bieber while urging young girls to send him explicit photos of themselves pleaded guilty Thursday to producing child pornography, authorities announced.

Christopher Patrick Gunn, 31, of Montgomery, promised young girls free tickets and backstage passes to a Bieber concert if they would agree to send him inappropriate photos or webcam transmission of themselves, authorities said.

A statement released Thursday by U.S. Attorney George L. Beck in Montgomery said Gunn used chat rooms and other social media outlets to threaten hundreds of girls ages 9 to 16 throughout the United States and abroad over a period of more than two years as part of a far-ranging "online sextortion scheme" that included posing as Bieber and other ruses.

"These child predators irreparably damage the children they victimize," Beck said in the news release. "The scope of this defendant's exploitation of children is staggering; he not only preyed upon children in our community, but in communities across the United States."

Beck's statement said Gunn's plea included two counts of making child pornography, 15 counts of interstate extortion and seven counts of internet stalking.

Bridgewater, NJ
David W. TuytjensA man previously convicted of molesting four 9 and 10-year-old girls in the 1980s now is facing 10 to 20 years in prison after admitting to keeping child pornography at his Bridgewater residence.

David W. Tuytjens, 56, plead guilty Thursday in federal court, admitting to storing the child pornography on his laptop and on DVDs.


Investigators said the images appeared to have been downloaded from the internet, U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman said in a statement Thursday.


The pornography was discovered April 2011 by Tuytjens’s parole officers on a routine visit to his home.



No comments:

Post a Comment