Google Analytics

School Safety Shield

School Safety Shield
Non en Meus Vigilo!

Friday, October 5, 2012

IASP Secretaries Conference

I had the honor and privilege today of presenting at a breakout session at the Indiana Association of School Principals State Secretaries Conference.  My presentation was on Being the Shield, developing the mindset for school safetyBeing the Shield is a new analogy for school safety that I have been thinking on, and this was the first time I shared it with others.

The ladies in attendance were very attentive, and as usual, I learned from them as much as they learned from me.  I was impressed with their professionalism, their dedication, and their desire to protect children.

I met one in particular, I wish I could recall her name, who was pointed out to me by another secretary.  She is a secretary at Henryville High School, recently reopened after being devastated by an EF3 tornado last March. She was in the office when the school bus, carrying 11 elementary kids, returned to the school minutes ahead of the tornado.  She shielded them in the office as Hell's Fury tore into the school.  I couldn't help but admire her for her strength for children, and here she was telling me how my presentation gave her chills.  We shared a hug, and blessed each other. 

Everytime I do these presentations, I met them most wonderful people, and their stories humble me.

Thank you all for Being the Shield.

Facebook

Our Forum On

No comments:

Post a Comment